Wednesday, December 22, 2010

No Place Like Home

Ahhhhhhh, Utah.

I'll admit that I was none too stoked to come home for Christmas, but my lovely wife threatened my life if I didn't come. So here I am. Now that I'm back, I must say that it's nice to be here, especially because it's snowing and I LOOOOVE snow and lots of it.

Last night, we decided to go snowboarding, so we headed up to Brighton Ski Resort to do some shreddin'. We got up to the ticket booth and the guy asked if we had our "half-off" coupons, we said no. The next thing is something you'd rarely find in Memphis: he told us how to get the coupon and was willing to accept the coupon on our phones. Incredible. The snow was also incredible. The pictures are a bit grainy, but it's awesome.



...and another...



I must say that being on the slopes was MUCH BETTER than being with a bunch of pre-/post-pubescent kids. Why, you might ask? Well here's a list.

1. Snow doesn't give me attitude.
2. Snow never called me a racist, especially since we're the same color.
3. I'd rather be freezing in the snow than baking in a classroom.
4. Explaining to my wife that she needs to stay heel-side is much easier than repeating for the 70th time a pronoun is not the same thing as a noun.
5. Snow doesn't talk back.
6. Snow doesn't steal my pencils.
7. Snow doesn't steal my stapler.
8. Snow's parents, Mr. and Mrs. Snowflake, never demand me to explain why Lil' Snowflake has a 17% in my class, even though he's been to class AT LEAST half the term!
9. Snow asked me to go to the restroom and I said no. Then, snow never asked again.
10. I can pee on the snow with no consequences. Especially lawsuits.

Utah is great...except for this prime example of Utahn parking.



There's no place like home.

No comments:

Post a Comment