Thursday, December 9, 2010

A Few Reasons

Some days are killer. Some days are great. And some days are just funny.

A few reasons why I keep dragging myself out of bed at 4 a.m. every day:

1. This somehow showed up on my board. I have no idea when or who did it, nor how it was done because we had silent work time today, but the rascals are tricky.





2. Kids come to my room every day during my planning period and beg me to hang out in my room instead of their class. I always tell them to go to class, but today their teacher is gone, so three girls are just hangin' today. A tidbit of our conversation:

JH: "Well T's my husband, so it's cool."

(I stopped typing and just stared at her)

Me: "Your husband? You're 13 years old."

JH: "Yeah, I know, but he's still my husband."

VM: "Did you know that in my dad's country, you can get married when you're 13 and can quit school at 12?"

Me: "Which country is that?"

VM: "Honduras. I want to go there so bad."

Me: "To get married? You're in Amurrrica, so stay in school and don't get married."

JH: "He cheated on me the first week we went out."

Me: "Did he really cheat? How did he cheat?"

JH: "He and L were talking to each other about gettin' together."

Me: "Did they kiss?"

JH(completely disregarding my question): "It's okay though because I cheated on him, too. J and I are best friends and we were just talking one day, then he gave me a hug and we...just...um...kissed."

Me: "Wow. So you can't really talk because you did the exact same thing."

JH: "Yeah, but....but....whatever, Mr. Lowe, he's stupid for doing it."

Another conversation:

BF: "We should get tattoos. Mr. Lowe, what tattoo do you want?"

Me: "Justin Bieber on my back."

BF, VM and JH(all in unison): "What?!"

BF: "Why do you want Justin Bieber?"

Me: "Bieber Fever, baby."

BF: "I love Justin Bieber."

No comments:

Post a Comment