Friday, January 13, 2012

New Info on the Mormons

A conversation that occurred 10 minutes ago with two students whom I know, but aren't my students. They're pretty good kids.

R: "I like 'Napoleon Dynamite,' but it's like everyone in it is high. Their eyes are always half-shut."

M: "They're making it into a cartoon! It's gonna be soooo funny!"

R: "My mom told me it's a Christian movie, but I'm not so sure."

Me: "Yeah...no, it's not a Christian movie, however, it was made by all Mormons."

(hint, hint, I'm a Mormon, but they have no idea)

M: "Really? I don't like Mormons."

Me: "Why?"

R: "There are two types of Mormons - the Mormons who are all angelic and the Mormons who do every drug on the planet."

Me: "Every drug on the planet? What's the ratio like?"

R: "Um, I'd say it's about half and half."

I knew Provo's full of half-medicated housewives, but I didn't know that half of us did hard drugs. News to me.

No comments:

Post a Comment