Thursday, January 12, 2012

"I've Found the Person I Truly Love!"

The math teacher, Ms. M, found this note today in class and shared it. I just wish my students would put this much insight into their actual writing that I grade...

This note is between a boy, DB, and a girl, JW, about D's newly-ex-girlfriend, DT. Sad story.

DB: "Give me a reason not to cry."

JW: "because I don't want to see you cry =("

DB: "I miss her and need her...actually I miss us and need us back."

JW: "D, i'm sorry that i have to say this, but you need to move on like she has. i don't want you upset about this anymore."

DB: "You don't understand how hard that is for me! I've found the one person I truly love and now I have to move on? I kno life isn't fair but this time its gone to far. She is the one thing that makes me happy! Every time I look at a girl that isn't her, I see nothing but a person standing there but when I look at her, I see love, I see my future, I see life as good again. I can't let that go!! I can't lose her!! I love her and I don't want to lose her love!!"

JW: "What the hell do you want me to tell you ?!?! i don't know what to tell you! nothing i say means anything to you! so why do you keep coming to me? you tell me stuff and i don't know what to tell you and that upsets me! so why?!?! idk. i'm sorry but i really don't know what to say. i wish i did but i don't. i'm sorry i yelled at you through words, but it upsets me. look, this is all i can tell you, she has moved on. so you need to before you really fall apart. and none of us want you to fall apart."

DB: "Idk how to move on from my true love."

JW: "but you know you have to, right?"

DB: "No...I will always love her and I will always want to be with her."

JW: "i'm sorry, i made you cry didn't i? I should really shut up."

DB: "No, it's not ur fault."

JW: "but you were fine a min ago until i said something."

DB: "I wasn't fine at all, it's what u said...Everyone is asking me to move on, but they don't get how hard it is for me."

JW: "I know it must be hard on you. but if you keep holding on you will never be the same D you were at the start of the year. =("

DB: "That was before I fell in love with her..."

JW: "D, what do you want me to say that you will listen?"

DB: "I am listening but idk how to let her go."

JW: "1. don't be around her 2. don't hug or kiss her 3. forget all the date you two had. I know this is hard but you need to do it! and it kills me to tell you this."

DB: "But that's what keeps me going. those happy memories remind me of the love we once shared, they remind me that there is someone that wants to be with me."

This could totally be an ABC Family tv show...

1 comment:

  1. I wish I had read this a week and a half ago, because I totally would have used it to help teach hyperbole in Romeo and Juliet. It's essentially Benvolio telling Romeo to get over Rosaline!

    ReplyDelete