Friday, January 13, 2012

Mad Libs Memphis

We've been learning about parts of speech and how to make them more interesting in our essays because the state writing test is coming up and they need to pass. On Wednesday, we were also looking at context clues and determining the meaning of an unknown word based on the words surrounding it.

So I put the following sentences on the board:

This morning, as we were jabbering out the door, my chickasaw tried to trip me, but I saw it coming, so I sequestered the door really swishlike and he hit it with his dermis. I laughed so hard, I jumbled off the duvet.

Obviously, there are words in there that they don't know and some words are just invented - no idea what a chickasaw is, but it sounded cool, so I threw it in - but I wanted them to be able to determine the part of speech and replace it with an appropriate word.

This is what my students came up with (I told them to be the most creative possible):

8-2 Class

This morning, as we were passing gas out the door, my toilet tried to trip me, but I saw it coming, so I fought the door really hard in the paint and he hit it with his pancakes. I laughed so hard, I peed off the sink.

8-1 Class

This morning, as we were fumbling out the door, my homeroomies tried to trip me, but I saw it coming, so I swooshed the door really boisterously and he hit it with his pelvis. I laughed so hard, I peed off the entertainment unit.

Apparently peeing off things is hilarious to 14-year-olds.

8-3 Class

This morning, as we were juking out the door, my brother's teeth tried to trip me, but I saw it coming, so I RKO'd (a wrestling move) the door really monstrously and he hit it with his stinky breath. I laughed so hard, I farted off the Eiffel Tower.

8-4 Class

This morning, as we were hustling out the door, my ignorant dinosaur tried to trip me, but I saw it coming, so I stiff-armed the door really anxiously and he hit it with his weenus. I laughed so hard, I exploded off the roof.

8-9 Class

This morning, as we were moonwalking out the door, my crazy man doing the stanky leg tried to trip me, but I saw it coming, so I used Earl's breath to melt the door really efficiently and he hit it with his dark shady night gums. I laughed so hard, I made my belly roll off the side of Jose's face.

Can you tell which class is the most rambunctious of the bunch?

No comments:

Post a Comment