Thursday, January 6, 2011

Today's Sound Bites

Today offered some real gems as far as student interaction.

TB: "I don't know what to do. I keep closing that door, but it always seems to fly open. I keep trying to throw away the key to that problem, but somehow it always comes back to open up the lock. I'm sick of it."

I was soooooo stoked at her use of metaphor while speaking about the troubles in her life. Solid.

Now to the funny stuff.

The prompt was: "If you could be any animal for 48 hours, what would you be and why?"

JP: "I would be a monkey because they're awesome to watch and they make funny sounds like two fat people fighting over a piece of cheesecake."

As if J has ever seen - or heard - two fat people fighting over cheesecake...or skinny people fighting for cheesecake for that matter.

KM (one of the most laid back people I have EVER met): "I would be a lion because he has the sweetest job in the whole world. He just lays around under the trees all day and kills gazelles and...um...well, he kills gazelles and that's pretty sweet."

No comments:

Post a Comment