Friday, November 2, 2012

Not-So-Scary Scary Stories

At the strongly-worded request of Chris Morgan, I will be updating this blog a little more often in order to please the masses.

The last couple of weeks, we have been working on detailed descriptions and creative writing, so on Halloween, I decided to culminate all of our work into a spooky storytelling session. I darkened my room, played creepy music and posted creepy images on my projector. We then proceeded to tell scary stories, some true, some not so true.

There were lots of stories that were pretty good, but then JC began telling her stories.

I have a fraternity brother named Sean Tillery who is, quite possibly, the worst story-teller of all time. A sampling: "One time, I was camping and I was sitting in a chair. I looked up, and there were two trees, but the sun was in between them."

That's it, that's his whole story. Well, Sean, you've got stiff competition for that title.

J: "Once upon a time, there was a lady named Mary, no, Crazy Mary, no, Bloody Mary. And she killed people and then she looked in the mirror and died. The end."

The end? Everyone busted up laughing. It wouldn't have been as funny if she wasn't really smart the rest of the time. This is the girl who usually gets really high scores in my class, so for her just to fall flat on the story cracked everybody up.

But then...she decided she needed an encore.

J: "Once, there was a man, and he killed his family and cut their heads off."

That's it? That's the whole thing?

Maybe we need to re-cover some concepts.

1 comment: