Tuesday, November 22, 2011

I Heart Technology

Grading assignments sucks. Bigtime. And if you're a teacher and you refute that statement, you're lying to yourself. It takes forever. It becomes monotonous. The time could be much better spent on bettering the classroom in other ways.

For those who are not teachers, you have no idea of the treachery. What seems like it should take maybe an hour ends up occupying an entire afternoon and evening. It's miserable. Hot lead to the eyes is the closest comparison.

I hate grading. But then came this lil' guy.



My school, because it's brand new, had funding to buy a bunch of cool technology to enhance the classroom experience. One of the purchases was a set of remotes that wirelessly connect to our SmartBoards and make it possible for the kids to take tests and quizzes without using paper. And the best part:

NO GRADING! It does everything for you. It has changed my life infinitely for the better.

Thus, I am thankful, in this season of thanks, for technology that allows me to not grade for seven hours straight.

Happy Thanksgiving, everyone, from your favorite teacher.

No comments:

Post a Comment