Thursday, March 17, 2011

SPRING BREAK!!

Spring Break is awesome. That's about all I can say. One week all to myself has been in.cred.i.ble. This place is usually reserved for the cool and funny things my students do, but this is about the cool and funny things I do.

1. I made a stool for my wife because she's short and can't reach stuff.



2. I graded projects on our patio in 65-degree weather with delicious Italian food, then I busted out the big guy for the first time and got plenty of weird looks.






3. I accompanied my lovely wife to Mud Island so she could get her nails done, so instead of sitting in a cove of nail polish, I walked along the Mississippi River and took pictures. I'm no photographer.







4. I slept in until noon.

5. I played beach volleyball and listened to loud music.

6. I roamed aimlessly around a gigantic thrift store for an hour and a half and this is some of what I found.

Where else could you find a Vanilla Ice action figure? "Stop. Collaborate and listen."


I love Coca-Cola.


I'd be able to sleep okay at night if I had never seen this doll.


Not creepy at all. An authentic ball and chain from the federal penitentiary in Yuma, Arizona.


A legitimate bar. I'd definitely buy it if Dolly Parton came along.


A thrift shop wouldn't be complete without some weird book authored by Freud or Kinsey about human sexuality.


But the real winner of the day...



Nothing like Billy Clinton singing some old hits.

And there you have: Spring Break 2011.

No comments:

Post a Comment