Thursday, March 10, 2011

Some New Gems

I asked the students to write either a poem or a song about an exciting event that has occurred in the past year. Here are two examples - one is just plain great and the other is kinda funny:

This first one is from a girl who moved here from Missouri about three weeks ago:

The day we moved
It was so unreal,
I was shook up and crazy,
I didn't know what to feel.

My world was spinning,
I almost fell down.
If I had a bright red nose,
I could be the clown.

My mom was laughing,
My ears were breaking,
My friends were gone,
My heart was aching.

My face was wet,
From familiar tears,
Not from happiness,
But out of fear.

Yet, that day, that beautiful day,
Was the most exciting one,
The battle of fears and sorrow
Was a battle that I had won.
-LF

This year was influential
But what was exciting was always confidential.
I have a class with Mr. Lowe and Ms. Ybarra,
Some of the hard work they give might even scare ya.
Some people have attitudes that need to be fixed,
Like a witch flyin' on her broom stick.
-DD

No comments:

Post a Comment