Friday, November 12, 2010

I'm getting through to at least two

As stated before, our entire unit is focused on Emmett Till and what really happened that night in 1955. The students are very engaged and I was so stoked to find my students writing this to one another. Generally, passing notes consists of illegible or completely absurd conversations about who-the-hell-knows, but this one was spectacularly different.

AB: his face so messed up he used to be cute

AA: awl wat happen I wanna kno! you ain't even gon tell me? LOL but I will find out today.

AB: Nooo but his face is messed up I could not sleep afta I read all dhis. I been to where he got killed and where they dumped his body at...

AA: Where? is it a book? wat iz it?

AB: No its a true story, no book.

AA: but you said you read it. im scared to look! i wanna kno wat happen!

AB: ON THE INTERNET!

AA: oh. on google? or anotha web sight? OMG im finna (fixing to/going to) cry!

AB: google he got his own page

AA: oh my GOD dats wrong, oh GOD dat iz

These two girls know how to spell very well, but apparently it's not cool to spell correctly when you write notes. Kaboom.

No comments:

Post a Comment