Friday, October 8, 2010

And thus it begins...

My name is Trent Lowe and I am a teacher. This blog will serve as an observation deck of sorts into the public school system in Memphis, Tennessee. I teach 8th grade English Language Arts, mainly girls - 53 total - with a valiant bunch of boys - only 12 in all. There are funny times and there are sad times. There are times when my girls are laughing so hard I have to close my door and there are times when they are crying so much that I have to stop class to have a heart-to-heart talk.

There have been times when I've wanted to just throw in the towel and pursue other ambitions, but then there is one moment that puts it all into perspective and I realize how much I love these kids and how much I want to help them help themselves.

So, welcome to Mr. Lowe's classroom.

No comments:

Post a Comment