Saturday, September 24, 2011

My Mini Michael Jackson

We just finished up our short story unit, where we learned about the parts of plot diagram (introduction, rising action, climax, etc.). To introduce plot summary, we took notes on each part and then we watched the entire 13-minute version of Michael Jackson's "Thriller."

All of the students LOVED it because they were familiar with the song and it's one of the coolest videos of all time. Throughout the day, I'd see students mouthing the words and getting into it, but all of that paled in comparison to one student, DJ, who is in my last class and got to groovin'. It's my last period of the day and I was sitting at my desk when he began dancing. It was so good that I had to pull out my phone discreetly and put it behind a stack of books to capture the greatness.

I'd like to especially note how he's still dancing even when he's filling out his plot diagram. Also, the twitching about the 0:23 mark is mirroring the beginning of the "Thriller dance." Hilarious.

Enjoy.

No comments:

Post a Comment